Are you an Engineering/Development Manager looking for a truly global role?
We have a fantastic opportunity for a technology leader to join our team. To suit this position, you will bring your experience and capability in architecting and building high-performance software at scale – ultimately you will be a key person in the build of two world-class global SaaS platforms. You will come with a future-focused “can-do” attitude and you will love being in an environment where you have responsibility but can also learn, achieve, belong and set-up a successful future.
More about the Company and Role:
Private Flight Global Limited is a New Zealand technology company delivering innovative software and process solutions for the global private aviation industry. The company has a clear vision and purpose, currently operating a world-leading Catering Management Platform and focused toward delivering an incredible Flight Management Platform.
The role is based in a fantastic modern community space in Britomart, Auckland city. We have a diverse team and a dynamic culture based on a sense of family and a pioneering spirit.
As Development Manager you will:
- Take ownership of, manage, maintain and evolve capabilities to align with industry best practice in DevOps source code management and control, Build pipeline and processes and Cloud engineering (Azure)
- Set the benchmark for full-stack development standards, leading by example in delivering high-quality code and UI
- Build and develop an exceptional engineering team, that fits technically and culturally
- Embrace and evolve a culture of ownership, collaboration and innovation
- Maintain a framework for making impactful technical decisions
- Develop and maintain software development policies and procedures including security, performance and release management objectives
- Work with the product management team to support the development of new epics/features that meet customer needs
We are looking for the following attributes:
- Very “switched on” but humble
- Global approach
- Seasoned and capable Developer with demonstrable expertise with the following stack: C#, .Net Core, MVC / Razor, Entity Framework, REST, SQL Server, TypeScript, Angular 8, Aurelia, Azure, API Architecture and implementation.
- Results orientated, good at making decisions and getting things achieved while maintaining a focus always on delivering value for the customer and organisation
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills – with the ability to be an active participant in nuanced technical discussions as well as an ability to represent the platforms / solutions / challenges to non-technical stakeholders
- 5+ years’ experience leading software teams in a high cadence of developmentand with strong operational practices centred around an Agile methodology
- Visionary for innovative solutions to some tough technical challenges
- Proven track record of hiring and retaining talent and building successful, energised and high performing teams
- Solid understanding of end-to-end user experiences including user personas, and internal stakeholders.
If you feel you can bring the right attributes, contact us with a cover letter today at [email protected]
Eligibility to Apply:
Note that if you do not have eligibility to work in New Zealand your application will not be considered. Please also only apply if you are currently in New Zealand, as it is uncertain when the New Zealand border will open to allow you to arrive in the country.